Blog Post #4

 One of the ELA technology standards for 9-10th grade students is to be able to incorporate various digital technologies in a presentation format to engage students and keep students' interests. I feel confident in my skill sets to meet this type of standard. For example, I'm quite familiar about presentation softwares, such as MS Powerpoint and Prezi. Also, I have used image enhancing softwares before, such as GIMP and Adobe Photoshop. Although, it would be a great idea to get familiar with video editing softwares, as remote classes become more accessible.

 The tool I'm choosing from CPALMS website is a tutorial video/presentation for 9-12th grade math students. It is a tutorial video about function, and domain and range of such function. It shows definitions of the terms, and the examples of using each term. I would use this video, because it has a section "Prior Knowledge". It shows what a student should know in order to understand the concept of a function. Also, as a pure math major, the mathematics I learned so far is more advanced than usual, so that my definition of a function might be too complicating and requiring other knowledge in order to understand. So, I would use this as a guide to describe mathematical jargons to the audience who have little knowledge about mathematics.

 It's important to be a proficient Internet searcher as a teacher because we can teach students how to search for sources online efficiently but also appropriately. There are lots of online sources that can be used in academic work, but since Internet is so vastly wide, it would be hard to look for what we need. On the other hand, there are lots of online sources that are not appropriate for academic research, so students need to be able to evaluate and avoid such sources. If we, as teachers, know how to search through Internet proficiently, then we would be able to teach the students how to do so for themselves. I would use site operator mostly on Google search, as I would know which sites contain appropriate sources for certain purposes, such as academic researches or student support resources. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7

Blog Post #2