Blog Post #5

  So far, my experience using Twitter has been very minimal. I've followed @STEMEduc because I would like to become a math teacher. Also, I've followed @EducationFL because I thought it would be helpful to know what's going on with education in Florida, such as knowing various education programs promoted by the government. I haven't been able to find the time to use Twitter Chat yet, but I'm sure it's helpful, as well. I think, because of informal structure of Twitter Chat, Twitter would be helpful in my teaching career if I would like to ask questions about education.

 The digital divide is a gap between those who have access to technology and those who don't. It affects a student's success in school in a way that students who have access to technology have more resources to help the academics and those who don't would suffer from the lack of resources. I believe the main cause of the digital divide is the difference in socioeconomic status of students' families. Later in my teaching career, I might face students who have little or no access to Internet at home. I might be able to search for some resources about free wifi access or alternative resources such as books.

 There are lots of academic softwares which students might be able to use, and some of them are free. One software I would like to use in my classroom is a website called Geogebra. It's a website with graphing calculator feature, and because physical graphing calculators cost over $50, it would be a good alternative in math classes. Another software is LibreOffice which is a group of freeware office programs which can be a good alternative to MS Office because of it's pricelessness. Google also offers free office softwares, but it requires Internet connection, so I think LibreOffice is a better alternative. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #7

Blog Post #2

Blog Post #4