Blog Post #7

  I've visited a publically accessible biology class website, called Mrs. Bones' Biology Class Website. Some of the information that is publically accessible includes class announcements, teacher contact information, and the flow of lesson plans. Some of the information that is restricted to public access is discussion forum which I believe is for the students registered in the class. For some reason, the webpage is not updated since 2013, so I can assume there has been some change in teacher employment information.


 When I become a teacher, I think I would be using a webpage similar to the one I reviewed above. I would use Google Calendar or similar scheduling gadget to show when I would be available for students. Also, I would be putting additional resources, such as YouTube tutoring videos or problems from other books, which students can use to help themselves if they want. I would also put homework information and post the solutions with explanation after the due dates, so that students can get help on their own time if they wish to do so.
 So far, PB Works has been a great tool to be added in my PLN. I really liked the ease of inserting links to main pages of wiki. However, there is a problem with changing the font size which I have to drag/select to change the size. There are other features I haven't explored yet, so I'm looking forward to use it again. When I become a teacher, I think I could use the wiki platform to create a class-collaborated review of what the students have learned at the end of each semester to prepare for exams. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2

Blog Post #4